Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Good Morning, 2014!

Good-bye to 2013.

Yesterday afternoon, Butch drove me to the bank and then to the library. (My "holiday" back is still giving me problems.)  I was able to give our library director checks that total $50,190.31 when added to the checks we had written for smaller amounts earlier in the year.



Writing those checks on behalf of the Friends of the Library and presenting them to Cari and staff is the highlight of my year.  I am hoping that our economy continues to improve so that we can continue to support them this way.

On our way home, we drove through Howard Park and Sunset Beach.  We have a low pressure system out in the Gulf that will eventually bring a Nor'easter to the states along the Atlantic Coast.  Right now it is sending a lot of cloud cover over us.  So it was not sunny afternoon yesterday.  But....still beautiful...always beautiful, no matter what Nature's mood.


I caught this shot of Howard Park beach with my phone's camera as we rode around the island.  I think most of us love a winter beach scene and this one is so typical with its blues, grays and browns.  Love the dunes, the sea grasses, and the palms.  All of this is man-made.  Kudos to our Pinellas County Park system and its eco-management.  This one beach park alone makes our annual $55 parking pass worth it.  Parking fees help offset the huge expense of our outstanding park system and I know the money is going for a good cause.

May 2014 bring everyone good health and happiness.  As in years passed, I'll need to keep in mind, though, that my happiness in this coming year is my own responsibility.  It is no one else's job to make, or keep, me happy.  It is a choice I make every day when I wake up.

Hope you choose to be happy, too.

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome as long as they are not SPAM and are courteous.