Saturday, January 18, 2014

Back on Program

On January 4, I bit the bullet and attended my first Weight Watcher's meeting in years.  I've been fooling around with the Online Program for several years and have managed to lose around 8 pounds each year.  I decided in December that I needed to get serious about reaching a goal.


I was glad I had made that decision prior to an office visit with my new physician on January 10.  He said he was glad to hear that I was enrolled in Weight Watchers because, though I am in reasonably good health, I will start experiencing real issues in the next year or two unless I improve my BMI.  The following day, I did my first weigh in at WW and was down 1.8 pounds.  Today was my second weigh in and I was down another 2.4 pounds.

It's not particularly hard when I put my mind to it as long as I have avoided bringing things into the house that will derail my efforts. Today I realized that if I really am serious about this, I can lose this weight by October and be a lot healthier in the long run.  Dr. Glider assured me that my arthritis pain will decrease when I stop asking my knees to carry around all this weight.  And, while my circulation is good, it could be better and losing the weight will improve that, also.

I've gotten a good start and I'm enjoying the meetings and am encouraged by the success of others.  I know I can do this.  I just need to WANT to do it.  It's necessary for me to keep the "want" alive and "just do it."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome as long as they are not SPAM and are courteous.