Monday, January 27, 2014

I Hate This Weather

BUT...

I know it could be much, much, MUCH worse.  Like what friends and family are experiencing  in Virginia, the Carolinas, and just about everywhere across the USA right now.  Even New Orleans is expecting a significant accumulation of snow.

I looked at the avocado tree out back while I was walking laps around the pool deck. Not one blessed leaf is still alive.  I have never seen it like this.  A 50 foot tree full of dead leaves.  Dead, brown, ugly, withered leaves.  It never loses all its leaves in the winter.  Except this winter.  I hope it has not been permanently damaged.

I usually love winter in Florida.  But this has not been a typical winter for us.  I hope the warm up coming next weekend sticks around.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome as long as they are not SPAM and are courteous.