Sunday, January 26, 2014

The Fitbit Craze

In what I was considering a very weak moment, I lost my mind and purchased a Fitbit One from an eBay seller for about 2/3 of what I would have paid to Fitbit.com or a local retailer.  And got free shipping. So I guess I could just not resist the deal. Ha Ha



It arrived yesterday and after staring at the five different little parts that came in a package with no manual or ANYTHING, I went online ans pulled up the website of the seller.

And found that all I had to do was click on a link and download an .exe file to set up an account and start using the little Fitbit.

It is fun.  No problem to set up.  And it has passed all the little tests I've devised to check its accuracy.  I can see why people are saying that it really motivates you to move more.  I've fallen into that same little trap.  But what I like the most is the calories in-calories out feature that you can use to set goals that are based on your resting metabolism and monitors your activity and boosts or reduces the calories allowed based on how active you are.

While I had my doubts in the beginning, I am now a big fan of this little gadget.  It far exceeds what I was anticipating.  I am determined to make sure that I utilize this wonderful little tool to reach my goal by next fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome as long as they are not SPAM and are courteous.