Wednesday, January 15, 2014

It Was a Great Meeting Today

My "Hawk" got an "Honorable Mention."  And my Cobblestone Afghan came in second.  I was pleased.  Catered with box lunches by Delectables, it was a great luncheon meeting, with Pamela Woody of Tampa Bay Advocates Against Human Trafficking speaking to us about the ways we can assist in the fight to stop Human Trafficking in the Tampa Bay area.  Her presentation was interesting and full of information about the various types of human trafficking.

I learned I lot.  Especially the information that sometimes young people going door to door selling candy can be under the control of human traffickers and we should be asking a few questions to be sure they are not in trouble.  There is a national toll-free number you can call if you suspect a human trafficking situation.

1-888-373-7888  At her bidding, I put the number in my cell phone contacts while she was speaking.  It's easy to remember, though if you group it: 1 888 37 37 888  ;-)

I have known Pamela Woody for several years now.  She and her son used to help us move books from storage to the library at every book sale.  Her lovely daughter works at the library.  Pamela has always given of herself to community projects.  I know she will continue to work hard to coordinate the fight against human trafficking.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome as long as they are not SPAM and are courteous.