Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Tuesday Night TV

I have two favorite TV nights. Tuesday night is one of them.  CBS almost   messed this one up.  I do not like that they moved NCIS: LA to Monday at 10.  I would preferred that they did all 3 NCIS shows on Tuesday and moved Person of Interest to 9 on Monday.  Then Monday would be a better night, too.  I wouldn't have to DVR Castle.

Have liked Mark Harmon since his early TV days and was happy to see her series make it really, really big.  I love the show and the characters and it has survived losing some really good ones.  It spun out of another show I liked at the time -- JAG.  We recently watched all 10 seasons of JAG and enjoyed those as well.  NCIS is still a tight show with great stories laced with humor and good onscreen relationships. And I love, love, love Abby and her relationship with Gibbs.

When they spun off NCIS LA, I immediately fell in love with Henrietta "Hetty" Lange, played by veteran character actress, Linda Hunt.  She really makes the show and should she leave, I am not sure it would last without her.  I like Chris O'Donnell who plays G. Callen.  The show has grown on me and now I look forward to each episode almost as much as I do the original show.

NCIS New Orleans is a different story.  I am still trying to like it.  The early episodes were  a little off putting because of the poor attempts at maintaining a New Orleans accent.  As I have watched subsequent episodes, I have grown to like two of the characters:  SA Meredith Brody played by Zoe McLellan and Dr. Loretta Wade, the Medical Examiner played by CCH Pounder.  It's getting a little better with each episode now.  The accents have been toned down.  I am not a fan of Scott Bakula.

And what's not to like about Person of Interest? Love Jim Caviesel as Reese and Michael Emerson as Finch.



And, I am crazy about the dog, Bear, a Belgian Malinois.  I also enjoy the performances of the women playing the parts of Shaw and Root.  It is a complex plot and one has to pay close attention to minor details to understand everything that is going on.

I know many other Tuesday NCIS and POI junkies out there.  I am in good company.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome as long as they are not SPAM and are courteous.