Friday, January 2, 2015

Cooking Light

In an effort to put another "tool" in my "Getting Healthier" tool belt, I found a $10 subscription to the next year of Cooking Light magazine.  The Jan/Feb cover features scrumptious looking dish of Chicken Picatta -- my absolute favorite chicken dish.  I have a huge freezer in the garage full of chicken, beef, seafood and pork.  We are carnivores in this household.

And we have a huge refrigerator full of fruit, veggies, yogurt, cheese and other really good stuff.  Butch insists on bringing coffeecakes in and putting them in the freezer. And,  I will buy a sour cream pound cake occasionally and cut it in 1 ounce slices to have with a decaf cup of coffee and Silk creamer when I need something sweet at night.  The key to staying on program is measuring and weighing and making individual servings of the right size easy to obtain.

So Day 2 of 2015 has gone well.  I had 10 ounces of Hoppin' John and two pieces of Tex-Mex cornbread baked by my husband.  The cornbread was really delicious.  My right side is almost back to normal.  Bruises are fading and I am able to stretch and reach upward without excruciating pain.  It was good to get back to the library for my normal 11-2 Friday shift today.

And I have blogged two days in a row!

Tomorrow is devoted to housework and watercolor painting.

And, tonight I will finish Karen Robards' new release, "Hush."  I read until 4AM this morning and forced myself to put it down then so I could get 4-1/2 hours of sleep before having to get up and get ready to go to the library.

High of 81 today.  The weather is just plain awesome.

I LOVE Florida. ;-)





No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome as long as they are not SPAM and are courteous.