Tuesday, January 20, 2015

The Book Thief

by Marcus Zusak

It was hard getting into but then I realized how it is set up as Death introduces himself as the narrator, it got a lot easier to read and I LOVED this book.

I loved Liesel, the protagonist of the story. And I wonder how she would have turned out had she not had Hans as her foster father.  He is so patient and loving -- very different from her foster mother, Rosa.

Books and writing figure prominently throughout this novel  Liesel's fascination with the written work is a major theme throughout the book. The development of her character is very much involved with her "Book Thief" title character.

I have not seen the movie, but hope to see it on Amazon Prime soon.  And I am looking forward to discussing the book at our "Books & Beyond" book group at the library on Thursday.  I hope others enjoyed it as much as I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome as long as they are not SPAM and are courteous.