Tuesday, January 27, 2015

I love my husband

and his garage....

Remember my paper flower project?  Actually it is "our" project -- meaning I and over 20 of my crafty lady friends who are doing fun stuff getting ready for the fashion show in March.

BTW, a big shout out to St. Mark's Village for becoming a our first big sponsor for "Celebrate Spring."  And huge thank you to Dee Isguzar who made it happen.

Back to my subject.

My favorite tool right now is my cordless, battery operated, glue gun.  (I can see my daughter, Chele, rolling her eyes.)  Yes, it's a gadget.  Yes, it is PINK, Chele.  And this is how I have been using it.



On an old dish towel.  So the glue won't drip and damage table or cutting mat, etc.  When the "Flower Girls" met a couple of weeks ago


my friend, Sandy, pulled her heavy duty, super duper , big mama glue gun out of her craft satchel.


But it wasn't the glue gun that attracted my attention -- remember I am very attached to my little pink, light weight, super cute, dainty little gun -- no, sirree, it was what she pulled out with it!  The BLOCK.  No folded towel for her.  She had a wooden block.  Now why hadn't I thought of that. I asked myself.  I may have even said it out loud.

I set aside some time today to work on my flowers.  Not bad, if I do say so myself.






This is some origami rice paper I had hanging around the place -- it is embellished with some metallic gold thread.  I used a combination of pale green and white and it turned out nicely.

BUT...before I began working on it, I walked out into my hubby's garage with my little pink gun and asked him if he had a block I could use.  And, of course, he did.  And, he was willing to share it.  Even give it.

So now my little pink, super cute, glue gun has it's own parking spot!


Almost as though, it was specially made for it!

I might even paint some little pink flowers on it.

Sometime.

One day.

Later.

Right now, I'm making flowers.

Gotta get back to it!

Just wanted to 'splain why I love my hubby and his garage.  He can pull anything out of it when I need it!


1 comment:

Comments are always welcome as long as they are not SPAM and are courteous.