Thursday, January 8, 2015

My Needlework Project for 2014

is keeping me warm this morning.


I have crocheted four afghans over the last two years.  I made two using the same yarn.  This is my favorite of the two. I finished this one in early 2014 and haven't done one since. I will be entering it in the woman's club arts and craft show on January 21.  

This morning, I saw a lovely knitted afghan on FB and did an online search for the pattern.  While doing so I ran across the crochet version of the same afghan.  I downloaded and printed the crochet directions and photos and immediately went to the Joann website to order the yarn.  Hopefully, I will finish it in time to enter it in next year's January show.

The pattern is called "Tree of Life."  It has tempted me for several years now as a knitted afghan and I was able to resist.  As a crochet project, temptation hit hard this morning and I was not able to resist.


I can hardly wait for the Lion Brand "Fisherman" yarn to arrive so I can start this while we have winter chill around and I enjoy having something across my lap and legs to keep me warm.  I found this image online.  It isn't exactly the same, but it is close enough for now.  I will probably change the design a little.  I like a plainer edge and perhaps a fringe.  Might do an extra couple of rows to make it a deeper edge and dispense with the ruffle look. We'll see.  And we'll see if I get it finished in time. LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome as long as they are not SPAM and are courteous.