Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Tuesday is Hobby Day

Well, actually, any day is hobby day when I can squeeze the time in.  Lately, though, I have tried to set Tuesday as a day that I stay home and play in my little art nook.  Because I wasn't feeling well, yesterday became "Hobby Day."  Today I have to be at the Heritage Museum at 10 and have a doctor's appointment at 2:15 so I won't be doing much in the way of hobbies.

Today is the set-up day for the Woman's Club Arts & Crafts Show.  Members who are entering their work must bring it to the museum to register between 10:30 and noon.  Judges will arrive somewhere around 2, I think, to award prizes for the best work in their opinions.

My entry this year in the Watercolor division is:

Stormy Surf II
I worked on this one a little more last year and got the water a little more to my liking.  It is a fairly big painting (for me) and I have it matted in white and framed in black.

And for the Acrylics division, I decided on this one:

Springtime in the Forest

Maybe they'll win a ribbon -- maybe they won't.  We all appreciate different things, don't we?  The important thing to me is to support our club and its important work in the community.  Participating in the fun events like this show is all part of the overall effort.  There are no monetary prizes -- just recognition from the judges who are independent.  None are ever members of the Woman's Club.  Our names are not shown anywhere so there is no bias there, either.

So....wish me luck!

And, yesterday?  Yes, I did play a bit with a new passion of mine:  card making.  I am enjoying that so much.  Yesterday, I did an old fashioned theme and made four cards.






A little lace from a sewing basket, a few buttons, a hatpin, a rubber stamp or two, and a few stickers. The next step will be matching bookmarks for each.

Have a lovely Tuesday, everyone.  It is gorgeous here on the Gulf Coast this morning.  A good day to be on Spring Bayou.  I'll take my camera, of course.

1 comment:

Comments are always welcome as long as they are not SPAM and are courteous.