Saturday, January 19, 2013

Saturday

Saturdays are usually my "catch up on everything" days.  But I didn't even attempt to do that today.

I spent the day making die cuts  for paper flowers and other decorations for the "goody" bags we'll be giving to all those who attend the fashion show in March.  We're having an art workshop at the Church on the Bayou on Monday and I wanted to get some kits made for those who would like to decorate a bag.  Putting kits together prevents the need to pack up my supplies.

I am putting everything needed together with the items that will go in the bag.

Here is an example of one of the really cute cards.  Shaped like an elegant evening bag complete with bling!

Card by Sandy 
I made an ornate black bookmark to match and black and white layered flowers with a little "bling" in the centers.  Sandy had made a LOT of cards for this project and every single one of them is lovely.

Once I have everything together (including tissue paper, tags and glue dots), I put them in a box.

Cards, Bookmarks and Embellishments by Sherri
When the bags are complete, they'll stand up in that same box like the little soldiers already pictured in my blog post earlier this week.  The boxes make transporting them a bit easier.  It will probably take a couple of cars to transport them all to the Safety Harbor Resort and Spa on Friday, March 22nd.  They will be locked up in the opportunity basket and fashion boutique room until the next morning.  Angie and I (and maybe a couple of helpers) will get there early to put a bag at each place setting before the guests start arriving the morning of the 23rd.

We still are more than two months away from the big day, so we are right on target for getting it all done.  The cards will be completed on Monday.  We'll have a couple of work shops during February and/or early March to finish the bags.

It's coming together beautifully....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome as long as they are not SPAM and are courteous.