Thursday, January 10, 2013

Starting A New Year with Good Intentions (Again)

Last January I made a few promises to myself.  So let's see how I did with the changes I outlined on January 8, 2012.

Change #1:  Less time on FaceBook

I did cut back on FB.  And, surprisingly, I really did not miss it all that much.  I still post to the Irresistibles private group and share a few pictures, but don't play as many games or spend as much time there.  I will continue to reduce the time there.

Change #2:  More time creating my blog.  Adding more memories to it.

Wow!  I failed miserably at this one.  I created a grand total of 71 blog entries in 2012.  I really need to get back into the groove on this one.  Today is the first day of a more active blog in 2013.  I'll shoot for 100 for 2013.

Change #3:  Less disorganized volunteer time.  More organized time.  Certain days will be off limits.

Yay!  I did do well with this change.  And, as a result, I think I really accomplished more and did not feel as though I was being run ragged.  I will continue to give myself those days of freedom to do things for myself.  Sometimes it pays to be a little selfish.

Change #4:  More time for my art work.  More time for painting and jewelry art.

And I did accomplish this and even took up a new interest:  card and bookmark creation -- gift bags and other paper crafts.  And it has become part of a volunteer effort.  My guest bedroom is full of gift bags, tissue, cards I and friends have made, bookmarks and a myriad of embellishments.  It is so much fun.  I'll continue to work on this.

Change 5:  Less of me physically.  Meaning I have gotten serious about a healthier lifestyle.

Yay!  YES!  20 pounds down from this time last year.  I am eating healthier meals and feeling good.  And  I am in a group of online Weight Watchers who have targeted a 24 pound loss by Christmas 2013.  So far I am ahead of goal.

Change 6:  More time being physically active.  Meaning more time allotted to exercise.

I have been more active.  I wear a pedometer daily and have a minimum number of steps I need to take daily and another (higher) target I have to meet twice weekly.  It is part of the 24# program.  I have a bum less foot due to breaking it a long time ago.  It is true that when you break a foot, it is never quite right again.  So I cannot walk the causeway the way I wanted to, but I can walk more throughout the day with resting the foot when it hurts.

So, overall, it was a successful year.  I am healthier.  So I am hoping for 2013 to continue along the same lines.

It should be another happy new year for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome as long as they are not SPAM and are courteous.