Friday, January 18, 2013

TGIF

As much as I love Thursdays, I love Fridays even more.  Friday is my main day to work in the Friends Book Store.  I enjoy the hours I spend sorting the book donations and working with my new buddy, Nancy, on pricing and shelving them.

Today was even more fun than usual because we started the day at a Volunteer's breakfast hosted by the library staff.  We had a scrumptious breakfast of eggs, bacon, sausage, croissants, pastries and fruit with coffee and orange juice to drink.  It is rare for volunteers to see everyone at one time.  We work different days and different hours so we normally see the same people all the time.  It is always fun to see everyone together.  Around 100 invitations went out.  I think there were close to 60 people there today.

There was a lot of food left over so those of us working today were able to have the leftovers for lunch, too.

Nancy and I got through all the donations and things looked pretty good when we left around 2PM.  The library will be closed for M L King Day on Monday, but I wasn't planning to be there, anyway.  I will be attending an art workshop and will be preparing for that this weekend.  I started this afternoon when I got home.  I'll post more about that tomorrow.

Hope today has been a good day for everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome as long as they are not SPAM and are courteous.