Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Want a sneak peak? Look inside!

We're half way to our paper flower goal of 300 flowers and they get prettier everyday.  We have a dedicated group of flower makers -- most of whom had never made them before.  Well, that's if you don't count the dozens of tissue carnations we made at various times for floats and gym decorations for homecoming and prom celebrations when we were teenagers.

Here's a sneak peak of some of the flowers now residing in the Patterson fashion show warehouse....


 I walked around the table and took a few closeup shots.


 We have some very creative "flower girls."


I taught everyone using book pages from old books on their way to recycle.  Even these are really pretty.


As we worked on some of these last week, one of our flower girls discovered the electric blue tissue paper and made some gorgeous blue blooms.



I think that blue will make a really lovely table arrangement with the black and white of the book paper.



Tomorrow I'll take some pictures of the ones brought to me today that are made with muffin liners of all different colors and some I intend to make from polka dot tissue paper.

We have one more workshop scheduled for February 27 and then the following week we'll make the table arrangements.  I know they are going to be spectacular!

This has been such a wonderful project.  Fun, for sure -- but the best part is the way friendships have evolved as women who had not spent much time together in the past have gotten to know and appreciate one another.

Our Florida Federation President, who is a member of our club, loves the popular phrase, "Live, Laugh, Love."  I think of her whenever I see it on wall decor or Facebook posts.  As I have watched the comfort levels of all those involved increase, that phrase has run through my mind with each funny story or completed flower that brings delighted "ohs" and "ahs" of appreciation from the rest of the group.

I do love these women.

And I appreciate them all as individuals bringing their unique talents to every project we tackle.

I have to admit that even though I had confidence that we could do this, they have knocked my socks off!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome as long as they are not SPAM and are courteous.