Monday, June 15, 2015

Getting the Hang of It

I am much happier with this second piece and still may rework parts of it after tomorrow's watercolor class.  That's the beauty of the Yupo paper.  It does not absorb paint the way watercolor paper does, and sections -- or the whole thing, for that matter -- can be reworked as the artist feels the need to do it.  I may end up reworking some of the water and rocks.  I'm pretty happy with the tree.  This painting is based on a photo I took in the little village of Keanae on Maui when we were stopping along the road to Hana.  I'll sign it after I am completely done with it.


Tomorrow's lesson will be painting water and seascapes.    I'm looking forward to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome as long as they are not SPAM and are courteous.