Sunday, June 14, 2015

Alcohol Ink and Compressed Air

One of today's lessons in my online class was applying alcohol inks to a 6 x 6 inch tile.  This was so much fun that I may decide to buy a little compressor for my art studio.  My husband offered me the use of his but we both believe the compressor he has would blow the tile away even if I was coordinated enough to manage the hose and nozzle and my wet tile -- and I didn't particularly relish painting in the garage -- especially in 95 degree weather!

So I played with the texture tools for awhile and made a chart of the different effects:


I used alcohol on cotton balls, felt, Q-Tips. an old toothbrush for spatter effect, a mister, and a fan brush as well as a coffee stirrer and old credit card.  I had done a number of these with creating texture in my acrylic paintings over the years and it was interesting to see how they worked with the inks.

I did the same thing with wet ink on tile.

And, THEN, I got a fresh tile and my can of compressed air (the type you use to clean computer screens and keyboards of dust) and started applying ink and then blowing it.  I loved the effect and know I will be doing more of that.  I will keep this one and do something with it in the future.


Fun.

That's what all of this is.

Just. Plain. Fun.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome as long as they are not SPAM and are courteous.