Saturday, June 27, 2015

Alcohol Inks

The more I work with alcohol inks, the more I love them.  Though I have a long way to go before I become proficient.  Today the final week of the online beginner's class downloaded and I just completed the first lesson which was to pour a "Dreamscape" -- a process trademarked by June Rollins -- on tile and to use a coffee stirrer or old credit card to create texture.  This last week is called "Putting it all together."  These two techniques were taught in the first week.

I selected Salmon, Citrus and Mermaid as my colors for pouring the dreamscape and decided on the credit card for creating texture. I poured along all four sides of the tile and let the colors flow.  The result was a dreamscape that looks like blades of grass in the foreground and I'm not sure what in the background. ;-)


Whatever it is, I really like it.

Almost like looking through aquarium grass?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome as long as they are not SPAM and are courteous.