Friday, May 31, 2013

Some of my favorites

Often I will do a quick little watercolor because I've run across a subject that appeals to me. Or because I need something for a card.

This one is "The Hawk."

One of these day's I may frame him and put him in the vicinity of my heron,The Sentinel.  A photo of his painting is in the display in the right margin.

















"Huddling Against the Chill"


My very first acrylic painting that I followed along with an art instruction video back in 2004.


















"Watching Over Her"

Another acrylic that I did during that same period.  I still have this painting of a cardinal couple in my portfolio.  It has sold well in the gift shop, but when I look at it all I see are my mistakes.










"Hungry Jay"

There are so many things wrong with this early painting from a perspective point of view, but I love the bird and my flowers.  Another early acrylic that I learned much from.
















"Cardinal in Spring"

A quick acrylic based on a photo I took of a flag which was hanging on our son'd front porch in Virginia.
















"Lunch is Served"

Not a good photo but I still love one of my first little watercolors.  My daughter, Chele, says all my birds are mean looking.  I like to say that they are "focused."











I really do like painting birds, though, mean looking or not. My favorite painting, however, from my early days?  A fancy frog on a lily pad.








"Miss Froggy"

This one always makes me smile.














Looking forward to getting back to it this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome as long as they are not SPAM and are courteous.