Sunday, May 5, 2013

Finished at last!

Just finished my "Cobblestone" afghan for our bedroom. It is the one with blues. browns, and grays. The one above it is the one I crocheted for my chair last winter. It is Deborah Norville's Everyday Soft Worsted Yarn in the "Toasted Marshmallow shade.


The pattern called for hundreds of puff stitches in rows across and up and down.  Which means that a missed stitch is incredibly easy to identify because one misplaced puff stitch sticks out like a sore thumb.  Believe me, I KNOW.

The fringe is made up of 201 tassels on each end.  They add a lovely dimension to this pattern and this yarn makes beautiful, luch tassels.


It is my latest creation.  I am so pleased with this yarn.  It is inexpensive, crochets like a dream, and is soft, yet substantial worsted weight yearn.  It is the "Everyday" yarn by Deborah Norville in her "Beach" color.

I have another of her yarns, "Lagoon," that I will start working with tonight on an afghan for the great room. Here is the website picture of the yarn:


I will really enjoy this one.  Another new pattern to work with and my favorite colors.  My friends can attest to this.  Half my closet is made up of aqua, teal blue and white. ;-)

Stay tuned for Monday Macro tomorrow.  Our first plumeria bloom opened this morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome as long as they are not SPAM and are courteous.