Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Crockery

It has been a long time since I have done a still life and it is really not my forté.  I prefer landscapes and seascapes, birds and flowers, but I have been studying some art books and decided to give it a shot this afternoon.  I'm not unhappy enough with it to throw it away. But I came close. ;-)

Crockery

I do have a favorite still life, though.  Two of them, in fact.

The Vase
A Bucketful



I need to keep working at it to get it back.  It is very true of this as it is in many things in life.  "If you don't use it, you lose it."  I have let too many other things take precedence over my painting.  No more.  I promised myself at the beginning of this year that I was going to cut down on my volunteer commitments and take more time for myself.

I am finally doing it.  And it feels very good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome as long as they are not SPAM and are courteous.