Friday, April 24, 2015

Things That Make you Realize You Made a Good Choice in a Mate

I ran the dishwasher night before last and didn't unload it yesterday morning because I was busy getting things together for my book group picnic at Howard Park yesterday morning.  We ate leftovers from the picnic last night and we used paper plates so I never opened the dishwasher.

This morning...I opened the dishwasher and saw that the water had never drained.  Butch had taken my Camry to the dealership for a 7 AM appointment and when he came home, I let him know we had a problem.  I became "Nurse Ratchet" for a couple of hours before I left for my Friday volunteer assignment at the library,  It was obvious that we had a major problem.

I went to the grocery store after I left the library and returned home at 2:40 PM.  My husband was still hard at it in the kitchen and had a fan blowing on him in the kitchen of our well air conditioned home.  Always a bad sign...

It is now 7:45.  I have ordered in from a local Italian restaurant and the dishwasher is still not fixed. He has narrowed it down to two expensive parts that may BOTH need to be replaced.  The kitchen is back in ordr, he has had a shower and dinner should be delivered shortly.

We;ll be shopping tomorrow.  I cannot watch him go through another day like today.

Enough is enough -- no matter what he thinks.

And the reason for this post?

During all of this, this man has not uttered the first cuss word.

He is a far better person than I.  His patience with somethings astounds me.

We're a good match because things that bother him do not bother me. And vice versa.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome as long as they are not SPAM and are courteous.