Friday, April 10, 2015

Thank you, Ace Hardware

Thank you, Ace Hardware for having the prettiest plants and for your friendly employee, Karen, who helped me pick out just the right plants for my wrought iron cook pot.  I enjoyed walking through the rows of plants and I really wanted to bring them all home.  But I settled on 5 different colors of phlox and a very pretty coral color of dianthus.

When I got home, I dug out a pair of gardening gloves and a trowel and went to work pulling the liriope, dead poinsettia, and some kind of vine out of the pot.  It was looking pretty darn pitiful.


It took me an HOUR to dig out the root-bound liriope and all the strange little roots.  I thought about putting some of it back and then thought better of it.  So I planted my six plants and watered then really well and am so pleased with the results.  The plants will spread and blend and Karen said more colors of phlox will appear.


While, I'm at it, I may as well show you my latest pictures of the avocado trees.  The tall one is over 8 feet now and growing really quickly.  The little one is still short but healthy and branching out with a good sized trunk.  Both are Hass avocado trees that I rooted from pits.  One was from the 50 ft tree that used to lean over our fence from our neighbor's backyard.  It died last summer.  The short one is from a pit of an avocado I bought at the grocery store.  Weird.




I started to close this post and then remembered that I have new pictures of the "old man" -- Mr. Beau.  He was not at all happy with my camera -- or -- he thinks he has a very noble profile.



Yes, it's almost time for Lee to pay him a visit and spiff him up a bit.

Have a lovely weekend.  And, Happy Easter to all my Greek friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome as long as they are not SPAM and are courteous.