Sunday, April 19, 2015

My Week Ahead

I just took a peek at my calendar for the coming week.....nothing scheduled until Thursday when we have the book group picnic at Howard Park.  So I thought I'd take a look at my photo files and pull some shots I have taken on other occasions at this lovely beach park.



The picnic shelters at Howard Park are a great place to meet and enjoy a nice meal while the book group includes a book discussion along with conversation about many other topics.  I love the Live Oaks at Howard Park.

Just 3/4 of a mile out the causeway is our island beach.  Convenient for walking off a full tummy.




The view below is  looking back at the shoreline across St. John's Bay. 


I took the photo below at sunset and caught the glow on the palm trees behind me.  The causeway is in the background.


I couldn't resist adding a photo from my front yard -- a bloom on our Bird of Paradise.  This plant is now over 20 years old and still going strong.


 I have really gotten off track here.

Anyway,  having nothing actually scheduled until Thursday, gives me plenty of time for my painting and paper crafts.  And, I need to write the minutes for the Garden Club meetings this past month.

Because....next week I do have some things scheduled and I need to pack for my trip with girlfriends to Perdido Key.
 


Butch and Beau will be batching it for five nights while I relax at a beach front condo.  A great way to end (almost) a busy volunteer year and look toward a quiet summer during which we will be celebrating our 40th wedding anniversary.  I have cleared my calendar of everything except my Friends of the Library bookstore duties -- only a couple of hours on Fridays.  The rest of my weeks will be filled with my art and my family.  And, hopefully, a get-away trip for the two of us, too.

1 comment:

  1. Well, I just remembered I did have two things for Wednesday night and had to choose between the two of them. Oh, well. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome as long as they are not SPAM and are courteous.