Thursday, March 19, 2015

We don't have to look far.....

I've heard it all my life.

"You don't have to look far to find someone who has things far worse than you do."  Or something to that effect.

And it is very, very true.

We don't have as much as many others around us.  Our home is smaller. And older.  We have aches and pains.  We're past our prime. But we are so, so fortunate.

That old little home is completely paid for, taxes and insurance are lower.  Our aches and pains are easily managed.  We have good health for the most part, great insurance coverage, and and enough money for all the necessities and some of the luxuries of life.  We love our lifestyle and we love each other.  And we have enough to be able to give to others.

We are, indeed, very fortunate.

And recently, I have had several friends let me know of serious health issues.  Issues that are not easily managed.  I'm concerned and worried for all of them.  All I can do is be a friend.  

I know our time will come one day when life isn't as easy as it is right now.  We need to appreciate what we have every single day.

Especially our good physical health, good hearing, and good eye sight -- and sound mind -- especially the sound mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome as long as they are not SPAM and are courteous.