Monday, April 21, 2014

Had not felt like this in years


Almost everything I have touched this morning has been a problem.  I think it is because it is Monday and I was actually trying to do some work instead of easing into my day the way I normally do.  You see, I save Mondays for "me" time as much as possible.  But today, I had procrastinated about getting some paperwork prepared and submitted to continue the exemption for the FOL's property taxes.

I pulled out the application for exemption that I had completed in 2009 and was relieved to see that the application was almost identical.  I had made copies of all the attachments so all I had to do was change the dates and make a new copy for our files.

Then my husband said he was going out for a little while.

That meant I wouldn't have to make a run to the Post Office!

While he waited for me to address the big manila envelope, weigh it, and attach the stamps, I must have trashed six envelopes.  First, I addressed it to myself. WTH?  Obviously not enough caffeine.  Then, I addressed it to the County Courthouse street address instead of the mailing address.  Another fail.  Then misspelled the Property Appraiser's name.  A fourth attempt found me putting my personal info in return address. Okay, so it was only four trashed envelopes.  I got it right on the fifth try.

What I find interesting is that I was able to complete the form and attachments A through F with no problems, while simply addressing the envelope took me what seemed FOREVER.

Probably because I knew he was waiting to leave.

So now I have completed the one task I assigned myself for the day.


And I'm back to loving Mondays again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome as long as they are not SPAM and are courteous.