Saturday, December 28, 2013

Thinking about 2013

Another Christmas has passed and I find myself thinking about the coming year and what I want to accomplish by this time next year.  Unfortunately most things that come to mind are the same things I wanted to accomplish, but didn't, in 2013.  So, I guess I'm looking at a redo for 2014.

I did lose a few pounds but need to lose many more to get anywhere close to goal.

I did become more active physically but need to do far more to feel healthier.

I did back off some of my volunteer activity but added others so the end result was still no more time for my painting.

I did do a few blog entries but ended up with less than last year.

So, although 2013 wasn't a total "bust" when it comes to New Year's commitment to change, it wasn't total success, either.

But, I have friendships that have deepened and new friends I have met along the way. No major health issues.  A good marriage of over 38 years to my best friend of almost 45 years who is also realtively healthy. And, I live in my idea of Paradise, enjoying every day.  I'm happy.  We're happy.

And if 2014 is no better than a repeat of 2013, I'm very OK with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome as long as they are not SPAM and are courteous.