Saturday, April 20, 2013

Saturdays

I have always loved Saturdays.  I find that in retirement my Saturdays are pretty much just like they were when I was working full time.  It is routinely a day where I play catch up around the house after a leisurely morning drinking coffee while I make a list of what I need to get done and I get the laundry started.  I stay fairly busy during the work with my duties as treasurer of the Friends of the Library and my work in the FOL bookstore at the library.  This past week I had a Woman's Club luncheon and also helped a friend out by taking her to a doctor's appointment and worked all day yesterday setting up for today's VHS Tape sale at the library.


So today won't be a typical Saturday.  And this atypical Saturday will lead to an atypical Monday and Tuesday next week. I haven't gotten stuff done this past week that I normally do around here and they won't get done again today.   But all in all next week should be a little slower and I'll eventually catch up.

The tape sale today is my last major event of the "season" for me.  I am looking forward to the slower pace of May through mid-August.  It is usually when I can get a lot of painting and other art and craft projects done. A time when almost every morning affords me the luxury of a leisurely cup of coffee while I plan my day and make a list.  A time when every day looks a little like a Saturday.  And, a time when I blog a little more.

Yes, I'm ready for that.

Just like the kids, I am ready for "school" to be out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome as long as they are not SPAM and are courteous.