Sunday, April 21, 2013

Playing with Scrap Paper

I was playing with my paints the other day when my daughter, Chele, asked me to make a couple of cards for her.  I am her "card maker," you know.  She said, "I think a "beach" type would be good for the guy I'm sending one of them to."  "Like a palm tree?" I asked.  "Yes, that would be good," she replied.

So I pulled a couple of bottles of acrylic paint out of their respective drawers and poured some on a Styrofoam plate, my preferred "palette" for a quick little painting.  While it was drying, I found the background paper I wanted to use for "framing" the little painting and for creating a matching bookmark.  I placed them on mt art table and started digging through my embellishments for "beach" stuff and found some cute ones.  Then grabbed my basket of stamps and stamp pads and found a birthday stamp.

And the result is below.



I was happy with the results, so I took a picture of it and emailed it to Chele to see if this was good enough.

She liked it.

My friends who have been into card making for a long time have "created a monster."  I am so into this now. I may never buy another card.  On the other hand, after buying the stuff to make cards, I won't be able to afford to buy a card off the rack anymore.

And I have learned that it is important to save the scraps because there are many, many uses for them.  I am just a beginner at this craft.  And, I am loving it.

2 comments:

  1. Lookin' gooooooood! I envy your artistic talent. Maybe if you need snarky, sarcastic verses written for any of them, I could help you out.

    Kidding aside, that's some good looking work, Sheri.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Jack.

    I may take you up on the offer for some snarky verses....;-) Especially if I am doing a card for my son-in-law, Rick. I have several cards I need to even the score on. LOL

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome as long as they are not SPAM and are courteous.