Monday, November 26, 2012

Shopping

Shopping.  Sometimes I hate it.

I don't hate ALL shopping.  Obviously.  I love wandering around an office supply store or Hobby Lobby.  I can spend hours and never realize the time.  I love gadgets.  I love pretty, crafty things.  I love making stuff.  And, of course, painting.

And I really don't mind grocery shopping.  I like to cook.  I like food.  Too much.  So a trip to Sweet Bay or Publix is not an issue for me.  And I take my time.  I like to browse and always keep an eye out for new stuff.

I think I see a theme developing here.  As long as shopping contributes to something creative, I like it.

And, there are certain shops at the docks that call to me every so often.  They have cute, creative clothes and jewelry.  They are comfortable clothes that I love wearing everyday.

Today I am getting ready to do the type of shopping that I really HATE.  I'll be looking for something a little more dressy to wear on Saturday for an annual meeting and luncheon.  That kind of shopping I despise because I am looking for something fairly specific.  That is no fun whatsoever.  I probably will not find anything I like and come home empty handed, ending up wearing something I have had forever.

BUT,  I'll probably find some new shoes!  I always find shoes I like at Beall's.  Maybe I'll hit that department first so the rest of the shopping has more of a positive slant.

And I don't Christmas shop anymore.  I give gift cards and/or make something for my family and friends.  Except for my husband.  So, I guess, I'll try to find something for him while I'm out today, too.  For Christmas and for his birthday. Arrrgh....  He has everything he wants.  We both buy whatever we want when we see it.  So we are very difficult to shop for.  Maybe I just need to do a painting for him.

Let's see how today goes.

Happy Monday.


1 comment:

  1. Perspectives are ceaslessly interesting. About the only shopping most men like are the specific ones that you don't care for. We are "targeters".....knowing what we are looking for and making a commando strike to get it. Give me a list, and, boom, I'm out of there. Now, hardware stores, sporting goods stores, etc. are exempt from the aforementioned target policy. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome as long as they are not SPAM and are courteous.