Sunday, November 25, 2012

It's Only Just Begun...

the Holiday Season, that is.

And our year is fast drawing to a close.  Where did it go?  I no sooner finish a treasurer's report for the Friends of the Library and it is time to do another!  Now it will be the special one for the annual membership meeting next Saturday, December 1.  It has been a good year for our organization.  The book sales have been good and our investments show a nice gain since the first of the year.  That bodes well for a nice donation to our library at year end.

I was pleased to see that one of our local cities in Pinellas County is actually building a lovely new library.  We have been crying, "Save our libraries!" for so long that it was surprising to see.  I am hoping to see the day that we can expand our own beautiful library.

My friend, Eileen, posted this cartoon to my FB timeline this morning.  I love it.


Neat, huh?  Our libraries offer so many ways to enrich our lives these days.

When was the last time that you were in yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome as long as they are not SPAM and are courteous.