Thursday, October 4, 2012

Back at It

I am at the point that I can do more painting.  That's a good thing since there are events coming up that I need to do things for.  We have the annual Art Mart at the Woman's Club.  A portion of all artists' sales goes to the scholarship awarded to a Tarpon Springs art student each Spring.  I give all of my sales less supply expense to the scholarship fund.  I missed this last year because of my surgery so I am really looking forward to being involved this time.

I did four cards and envelope sets today along with coordinating bookmarks.




  

I love roses and cone flowers and started with those to help me get my brush strokes back.  As I have said before,  if I don;t use it, I lose it.  Painting for some people may come very easily and naturally.  It does not for me.  I have to work at it and I have had a lapse of about a month now.  Not a good thing.  I will do better.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks, Gina. I donated the second rose set to a basket for a drawing later this month to raise money for the Woman's Club. It was my favorite of these cards.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome as long as they are not SPAM and are courteous.