Wednesday, September 26, 2012

A New Gardening Adventure

I posted pics awhile back of my two new avocado plants.  They are growing like crazy.

See?


When we saw the holes in the leaf, we inspected the plant and pulled off a little worm which I promptly squooshed.  I'm glad we checked on it.  The other plant is doing well also.


And we have a new gardening venture:  Ta Da!

Pineapple Top


Last week we had an author program at the library.  Tim Dorsey was there to do a book signing and author talk about his new book, "Pineapple Grenade."  I bought the pineapple and used it as a centerpiece for the refreshments table,  I brought it back home and Butch cut it up for me.  We saved the top and he planted it in Miracle Gro potting soil an a HUGE pot.  We know nothing about growing pineapples.  Makes me wish I had paid more attention to them when we visited the plantation on Maui where they had fields of pineapple growing.

Maui Tropical Plantation
Well, we can always go back to do our research, right?

1 comment:

Comments are always welcome as long as they are not SPAM and are courteous.