Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Wednesday is usually a busy day

Wednesday is usually a busy day for me.  Today I have a Friends of the Library Board meeting.  It isn't until 4, but in my usual fashion, I left the reports until this morning to do.  They are all done now so I can relax until time to leave for the FOL Building.

Next Wednesday is the Woman's Club monthly membership meeting.  It is being held at a new venue this year so I'll leave a little early to get the "lay of the land."  I am handling the "Dollars for Scholars" drawings this year so I have to lug the spinner, rolls of tickets, baskets, etc to every meeting.  I will add the Fashion Show marketing stuff to that load next month.  I have a little milk crate cart of my own and a larger one that belongs to the club.  I'll be dragging both of them behind me. ;-)

I didn't work in the Friends' book store on Monday so I'm going to leave a little early and spend a couple of hours doing that before the meeting this afternoon.  We have had a lot of donations recently.  I still have to write a couple of articles for "Among Friends," our newsletter but I'm not in the mood for that today.

And I received my mail-in ballot for the November election in yesterday's mail.  I am DEFINITELY NOT in the mood to deal with that.  Depressing, really depressing choices for most offices including the Leader of our Nation.  I have made up my mind on only one race -- the Senate race.  I may give it a couple of weeks before I complete it to allow for some kind of earth shattering development in the other races.....but I won't hold my breath.  Mediocrity seems to be the prime prerequisite for holding office these days.

Now I have managed to depress myself.  Need to get busy with something to change my mood.

Happy Hump Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome as long as they are not SPAM and are courteous.