Sunday, January 8, 2012

Turning the Page

Though I have been blogging for almost four years now, I decided to get rid of the old blogs and turn over a new leaf. Not sure why. Maybe it comes from the prolonged period of inactivity I had from Halloween until Christmas as I recovered from several surgeries for skin cancer and facial reconstruction. That complete slowdown to my life gave me a lot of time to think about how I was spending a lot of my time previously. And, it allowed me time to think about the changes I intended to make when released by my surgeon to resume normal activity.

I decided on the following changes and they are NOT "resolutions."

Change #1: Less time on FaceBook.

Change #2: More time creating my blog. Adding more memories to it.

Change #3: Less disorganized volunteer time. More organized time. Certain days will be off limits.

Change #4: More time for my artwork. Both painting and jewelry art.

Change #5: Less of me physically. Meaning I have gotten serious about a healthier lifestyle.

Change #6: More time being physically active. Meaning allotting time for daily exercise.

We just completed WEEK 1 of 2012 and this is how I am doing:

#1: I have reduced time on FB by one half. Stopped playing all but 3 games and eliminated the farming. Still have more to accomplish here. But, damn, those games are fun. They kept me sane from Halloween to Christmas.

#2: I just created this new blog. This is post #1.

#3: I am reserving Tuesdays and Thursdays (as well as most weekends) for non-volunteer activities.

#4: I read two art books this week and have two videos to view this afternoon.



#5: I started Weight Watchers again on 12/26. I weighed in yesterday and am down 5 pounds. I got my first star!

#6: I contacted Silver & Fit. Registered for a Tarpon Total Fitness membership and will start a program there this coming week. Saw my new PCP, Dr. Shari Berg in Palm Harbor, and was cleared for the exercise. I am determined not to be what my friend, Gina, calls a "January Exerciser."

Hmmm... I wonder if that means I should wait until February to start?



Laughing as I type this. Nah, I'll bite the bullet and "git 'er done!"

Happy New Year for me!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Serri,
    nice to get a post from you on our blog. Sounds like you have set some wonderful goals for 2012! Congrats on your #5 star, go gooing! I need to get back following the program too - gained quite a bit over the winter.... I'll have to do it on my own, official WW's is just not affordable for me right now. I'm also trying to get more painting done. I'll keep an eye on your new blog here - good luck with the new direction!

    Pat

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome as long as they are not SPAM and are courteous.