Sunday, January 22, 2012

It has been a busy week and...

a very lazy day today.

I got to the meeting on Wednesday to discover that Enchanted Forest had gotten a "Second Place" red ribbon and Hibiscus Highlight had been awarded a "Third Place" yellow ribbon in the Fine Art.  My butterfly necklace received a red ribbon.  So I was very happy.

And it poured Wednesday afternoon.  Literally poured. I expected to see cats and dogs coming over the gutters and through the downspouts at Cypress Run's Golf Clubhouse. I accidentally left my necklace at the club while trying to pack the paintings up to protect them as I made the messy trudge across a flooding parking lot.  I looked like a drowned rat when I got into the car. Soaked to the skin and water streaming off the end of my new nose.  I got on the phone when I realized I had left the necklace and learned that a friend had taken it home with her.  She gave it to another friend who has it at her house now.  I'll swing by and pick it up this week -- a week that is already setting up to be quite busy.

I am really looking forward to Wednesday when our Shutterbug Club visits the waterfront at Gulfport -- around 40 miles south of Tarpon Springs.  I hope to get a lot of good shots for the blog.

Highs in the 70s and lows in the 50s.  The weather is perfect here.

From the Causeway at Howard Park, Tarpon Springs, FL

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome as long as they are not SPAM and are courteous.