Saturday, January 14, 2012

Hard to believe it is Saturday already ....

This week has just flown by. I am definitely back into the swing of things with the Friends of the Library. Worked in the bookstore on Monday and Friday. Had my reports ready for the monthly FOL board meeting on Wednesday. I had my two days that I was promising myself that I would take for myself and my other interests.

Does it count that I spent those days organizing my studio as opposed to painting?  Shopping at Michaels as opposed to painting? I did do a background. Not sure what will go on top of it.

This morning I concentrated on getting my paintings framed to enter in the Woman's Club Arts and Crafts show on Tuesday.

One is a watercolor floral entry called "Hibiscus Highlights." 

The other is a landscape done in fluid and liquid acrylics that I named, "Enchanted Forest." 


I played with the necklace and earrings display for my jewelry art entry as well. So I am ready to drop all of them off on Tuesday morning. I've got to remember to take a picture of the necklace and earrings, too. The judge(s) come at 2PM, I think. When we come to the luncheon on Wednesday, the entrants will find out if they won anything. 

Looking forward to the luncheon.  I haven't been to one since mid-October.  And this one is a special one because I so enjoy seeing the creative side of so many of my friends.  We're having it at Cypress Run this year instead  of the Heritage Center.  I don't think it has as much room for displaying the art and photography as well as the crafts.  I am hoping it will work out as well as it usually does.  The food should be better, anyway.  I'll let you know after it is over. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome as long as they are not SPAM and are courteous.