Monday, January 9, 2012

Love my Mondays


It is hard to believe it is January 9. The past couple of winters had me thinking our world was changing and I would be doomed to frigid winters from then on out. This winter has returned to normal. Even above normal for our area of Florida. Today's high here along the Gulf Coast was 76° and it is after 7PM and we're still above 70°. It was a gorgeous day.

Simply gorgeous.


Mondays for me mean getting out of the house before noon and working for a couple of hours in the Friends of the Library book store after catching up on any office work. Today I met our handyman at the Friends' building and talked to him about somethings we need to get done in the parking lot. Then I went into the library and priced books, back filled our spinner racks and chatted with customers and friends who happened by.


I left the library at 2:30 and went to Sweet Bay to do the weekly grocery shopping before getting home a little before 4PM.

A typical Monday -- and those who know me understand that I got a LOT of pleasure out of this return to normal activities.

While at the library, I picked up an art book: Drawing and Painting on Rice Paper. Tomorrow I will spend several hours in my little studio while I wait for Beau's groomer to arrive. He is WAY overdue for a cut. I know he'll feel a lot better when he gets rid of some of that fur.

Time to catch up my games in Words with Friends on FaceBook where I am getting my butt royally kicked by most everyone I am playing. On a couple of games all of my available letters are consonants. On a couple of others they are mostly vowels. I have no happy medium. So I muddle along sticking an "X" here and a "Z"" there in some games and an "I" or an "O" on the board somewhere in the others. I refuse to give up.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome as long as they are not SPAM and are courteous.