Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Happiness is...

hearing that your artwork is appreciated by others.

I was supposed to attend a District 14 arts and crafts meeting in St. Petersburg this morning but woke with a really bad headache, caused I am sure by a storm system coming in from the Gulf.  I felt better after getting some meds and a little something on my stomach.

Then my friend, Sherry Orr, who is the District 14 Arts and Crafts Chairperson for the GFWC (General Federation of Women's Clubs) called to tell me that I had been awarded two first places in the District Show.  She said the judge for Fine Art loved my Puffin!

Puffin
And on top of that, my Moonlit Birches painting on tile also got a first place and will go on to the next level at State.

Moonlit Birches
I am so sorry I got that darn headache this morning.  I really wanted to see the arts and crafts from all of the clubs -- and did not expect my entries to garner blue ribbons at that level.  There are so many gifted artists in the clubs in our region.

Oh, and I took some pictures of Bella with her new "do".







She is such a pretty thing.  I wish she would cooperate more often.  And I am finally getting the hang of my new camera.

Banner morning even if it did start off very poorly for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome as long as they are not SPAM and are courteous.