Saturday, February 13, 2016

Busy Getting Ready

I have been amassing all the supplies for an art workshop I am teaching on Monday.  They have been occupying most of the dining room table this week.  Today they take it all up with one small space for me to check off items as I put them in the kits that will be given to all who attend.

It is a fundraiser for Canine Companions for Independence (CCI) which has benefited from being the Florida Federation of Women's Club's President's Project for the past two years.  President Carole Weaver's goal was $300K for the two years.  Carole is a past president of our club and is still a member.  She was able to give them $125K last year.  Not sure how the project is going this year.  The net proceeds from this workshop will go to CCI.  My goal is $500.  I am hoping to be able to do more but alcohol ink is expensive.  Each person will be taking home their kits and the cost of the supplies was included in the $30 for the workshop.  I am not charging a fee for teaching.  I never charge a fee.  I do them for fun.

I am taking short breaks between each group of 5 kits to give my back a rest.  It's been a busy week and some of the things I have been doing were very hard on my back.

This is the painting that I will be teaching:



Some of the class has already had this class -- they were my guinea pigs in October.  I am going to seat them together and give them some additional inks to create their own paintings.

I'll try to get some pictures of their creations before we leave the clubhouse on Monday afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome as long as they are not SPAM and are courteous.