Wednesday, July 17, 2013

July 17th already?

July 17.  Half the summer just plain "gone"!  Poof!  Just like that!

I am retired.  I am on "summer vacation" from a lot of my activities.  I am not supposed to be too busy to do things like blogging or painting,reading, keeping house and planning meals.  But here I sit for the very first day this summer with time for my blog.  And, because I really don't have much to write about, I'm just fumbling around for a topic.

Everything I really could write about with passion this summer is controversial and this blog isn't about controversy.  Nor do I invite controversy.  This is supposed to be fun and somewhat relaxing.

Maybe I need a REAL vacation -- not a stay-cation.  A change of scenery. New experiences.

Or maybe I just need to take a walk.  With this guy.


Doesn't he look like he wants to go out?  That's his, "Can we go somewhere?" look.  Or maybe it's his, "If we can't go for a walk, can I have a piece of cheese?" look.

He's not allowed at Sunset Beach:


And the sidewalks and causeway are "egg frying" hot right now.  So we have to wait until the sun is down behind the trees so he won't burn his little feet up.  

Hubby just offered a solution.  Let's go get an early dinner at Cody's Roadhouse and then take a ride out to the beach afterwards.   This little guy can pout 'til we get back.


The sidewalks will be cooler and he can sniff every tree and blade of grass to his heart's content without our worrying about him and his little paws.

So, dinner out and a little walk at the beach afterwards.

Perfect!  We used to drive 14 hours to do that down here.  Now it's 3 minutes. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome as long as they are not SPAM and are courteous.