Friday, July 19, 2013

Friday Potpourri

I could have titled this "Friday Odds and Ends," but I don't get to use the word "potpourri" very often.  Anyway, this blog entry is a compilation of yesterday's activities.

Yesterday morning, I checked on our pineapple twins.


The new plant is thriving and has gotten BIG.  The original pineapple top isn't doing much of anything.  This tropical weather we are having has got to be good for it, though, so I'm still hopeful that twin will make it.

After writing my blog entry yesterday, I was able to spend some time in my art nook.  The nook is actually a room with two full and two partial walls just off the entrance to the house.  It is jam packed with art supplies and I am constantly having to reorganize.  What I need to do is to go through with a ruthless eye to getting rid of stuff I haven't used....but it is kind of like my yarn stash.  I feel as though I will need something as soon as I discard it.  So I worked on that a little and then when it was neat enough (by my standards -- not my daughter's) I decided to play with my new Copic markers and some stamps and pretty paper.  I came up with this note card.  And bookmark.


I was interrupted twice in this process by my gardener who wanted me to come approve the places he had selected for finally planting my avocado trees.  I left one as is and made him pver the other about 10 feet from where it had it.  He is a retired AA Pipefitter.  He wants things "square."  I am not into "plumb and square" unless I am cutting cardstock.

Anyway, he got them into the ground and Beau and I went out to check on them.  This is the taller of the two at 40".  It sprouted to stems from one avocado pit and both trunks are growing strong so I have left it because I think it has the makings of a really pretty tree.


The other one only has one trunk and is 36" tall.  I love its shape, also.  Too bad I inadvertently top the top off in my picture.


Beau was inspecting them both and gave the 40" one his "seal of approval" by marking the spot.  I gave him his privacy..... ;-)


I decided it was hot and we needed to go in.  Beau was not ready and got stubborn about it.


He planted his little paws and refused to budge.

But then I said the magic words.

"Beau, are you ready for dinner?"

Time to head for the library.  Bookstore duty today.  See you tomorrow.  Maybe.


1 comment:

  1. Always envious of your sub-tropical area allowing such an interesting variety of plants. And I agree with Beau.....call me to dinner and I'm "outer here".

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome as long as they are not SPAM and are courteous.