Monday, September 24, 2012

Bookmarks

"Crossed Palms"
September is a busy month for me every year.  After a summer of days with relatively little on my calendar, I switch into high gear with the advent of Labor Day.  My friends who went to the mountains or somewhere else north of Florida are returning and it is so much fun to see them again.  So the last couple of weeks I have been getting ready for visitors here as well as making plans for art workshops with a focus on creating items for gift bags for guests at the charity fashion show next March.  I know this seems awfully early to some of you, but there will be 250 of these little suckers and it takes a little organization to get it off the ground.

So far I have determined most workshops will be on the 2nd, 3rd or 4th Monday of the month, held at a community center or club house still to be determined, and activities will include card making, creation of bookmarks, jewelry, and other items created by club members.

"Crossed Palms" is one of my bookmarks.  I love palms.  The look of them and especially the SOUND of them when wind blows through their fronds.  Lying in bed at night, it is a sound that lulls me to sleep. And I love to paint them. I am looking forward to making and donating some bookmarks for the fashion show "goody bags" but also plan to sell them at the art mart in November. It supports a scholarship for a deserving art student at Tarpon Springs High.

I think I am going to have to get my calendar and start writing in goals for these projects so I don't let these deadlines creep up on me.

Happy Autumn, everyone.  I think we have all been looking forward to it.  For us Floridians it means low humidity and highs in the low to mid-80s.

Paradise.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome as long as they are not SPAM and are courteous.