Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Tomato and Pineapple Update

Picked up a banana plant from my friend, Neila, yesterday.  Butch says I need to tell him where I want to plant it.  I'm watching where the sun hits the yard and will decide today.  No pictures of it yet.  While I was out there taking pics of the plumeria the other day, I got some of Butch's tomato plants.  They have blooms but no fruit has formed yet.




There are five of them altogether.  I just took a picture of two of them.

Butch gave me an owl last weekend.  It will end up out there guarding the tomatoes.  But right now I have it sitting on the lanai where I can see it through the sliders.


I was tempted to keep him on the dining room table where I first found him.


But he looks good out on the lanai table.



And my pineapples are really coming along!  I can hardly wait to pick them.



One is quite a bit larger than the other, but I wasn't expecting twin pineapples to get that large when they share one pot full of foliage.

I'll be planting the tops from these two in separate pots later this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome as long as they are not SPAM and are courteous.