Thursday, June 7, 2012

Our Rainy Season Is Underway

A couple of weeks ago, we were in EXTREME drought conditions here:


(Click to enlarge.)

As of day before yesterday, we were back to the norm for the end of our dry season:  SEVERE drought


We have Tropical Storm Beryl to thank for all the rain she dropped over the worst drought areas.  And now we are experiencing a rainy day here due to a cold front (that's a misnomer -- it is not anywhere close to "cold") that is coming through.  We have had off and on hard rain.


The rain has pushed the humidity so high that our glass doors and windows are all fogged up.  It has been a good day for reading, cooking, and surfing the web.  I used my new food processor to make hummus. And I slice up a bunch of celery stalks and radishes so I'll have them ready for salads.

Glad I didn't have anywhere I had to go today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome as long as they are not SPAM and are courteous.