Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Finally!

Yes. Finally!

Finally, I have gotten to the point where I understand how watercolor pencils work.  They are so different from painting with regular water color, yet also quite different from regular colored pencils.  As a result, I have been spending hours completely frustrated trying to teach myself this medium.  I bought a couple of books, checked a few out of the library and finally found an old VHS tape on eBay that helped a lot.

I have used up a whole pad of watercolor paper learning the different techniques and finally have a painting that I don't completely want to trash.  I really don't want to keep it, either, because I think it is boring. Very boring.  But I was finally able to use all the different watercolor pencil techniques in a painting without royally screwing it up.

So... Ta Dah!  I am posting a picture of "Sherri's Boring Little Landscape", done completely in watercolor pencil on 8X10 140# watercolor paper.

"Sherri's Boring Little Landscape"
Watercolor on Paper
Next one will be more interesting subject matter, I hope.

But I'm not promising anything.



2 comments:

  1. I love it!! Not boring at all. I wish I could draw a stright line!! Leslie Rogers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I have to admit that it is growing on me. LOL

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome as long as they are not SPAM and are courteous.