Thursday, May 3, 2012

Do you know what this look means?

Beau's Back to normal and doing just fine.  The tumor was just a fatty tissue benign skin tumor.


In fact, we're having a bit of a problem keeping him from jumping around.  And barking at squirrels.  When he barks all four little feet leave the ground and the sound seems to come from deep in his belly.  The effort he puts into it appears to put stress on the incision in his tummy..  We're afraid he'll pop a stitch.

He's got three more days on Prevacox and then he has to finish up his antibiotic.  His stitches come out in about 10 days.

Oh, and the "LOOK?"  It's the expectant look after he has seen me wrap one of the aforementioned pills in CHEESE.  I call it his "Cheese, please!" look.  I tried to get him to smile so you could see his pretty white teeth.  The vet tech cleaned them while he was still under anesthesia.

I almost forgot.  Butch and I must have a similar expression on our faces whenever we walk out on the lanai and see this.


Looks like we'll have a fresh homegrown tomorrow.  We can hardly wait!


2 comments:

  1. I sort of get a similar look when Martha is cooking.

    If all goes well, I'm only about 60 days away from a homegrown. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Smiling here, Jack. Butch is giving Beau ice cream right now. I love watching a 6'3" male human babying an 11" tall pup. Lord help us when something major happens to this dog.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome as long as they are not SPAM and are courteous.